Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter/Birthday Week

Haven't been posting for a while. Figured I'll just update my blog on this past week's events. I have been contemplating on switching to Tumblr though. We'll see about that soon.

My birthday week started on the 22nd of April, with a Switchfoot concert in Melbourne.


Having been their fan since my teenage days, this was one of the best birthday treats ever. Not to mention I was in the front row. I might upload more pictures later. They're mostly on facebook already anyway.

The day after the concert, a bunch of us headed down to Rawson's Village where OCF Victoria was having this year's Easter Camp. Camp was really enjoyable but exhausting.

Note to self: do not say yes to every opportunity to serve in the worship team. Ended up playing in every session from the moment I arrived at camp.

OCF Clayton:


And we continued our proud tradition:



Camp was over by Monday; that left me with just four days before my big day.

On Tuesday, a bunch of OCF-ers from Clayton met up to do some shopping at Moorabbin's DFO. Spent almost $75 on a yd. dress shirt, two Roger David hats, and a vest and shoe from Cotton On. After shopping we headed to Chadstone to catch the Fast Five, which in my opinion was much better than the last one.

So, for this year, my housemate, Julian Loh, has his birthday on the 28th, just a day before mine. Talk about coincidence. On the eve of his birthday we invited several friends to enjoy a meal together. Wilson showed off his culinary skills with some Tempura Prawns, Chicken Teppanyaki, and Miso Soup. I just made some steamboat in case our guests were still hungry.

After dinner we headed down to the city to wait for midnight. After celebrating Julian's 20th, we stayed in the city to watch the Real Madrid v Barcelona game. Needless to say, Messi's goal was sick. Arriving home at 8-9am the next day, we pretty much crashed for most of the day.

My big day finally came and we headed down to Brighton Beach to spend a few hours soaking in the sun. With winter coming pretty soon, I'm not optimistic on our chances of ever enjoying the sun on the beach like this; not till Spring at least.

At night, 40 odd OCF-ers gathered at Sophia's where I was having my birthday dinner. If any of you are reading this, I am indeed touched by your presence and thanked God for all of you guys, who made my 21st birthday, one of THE best ever. Not to mention my first overseas.







Thanks for all the cards and gifts! :D


And after Sophia's, the party continues....


I never got anywhere near my 21 shots. One absinthe, 2 Jägerbombs, and 3 other unknowns were enough to give me a KO. Good thing I had a place to crash in the city that night.

And on Saturday, well, the Tim Tams were delicious.

Finally, Sunday. The day to cap off one of the best weeks of my life. Arsenal beat Manchester United in the English Premier League. Woot!

Life's as awesome as it can get. Being surround by people you love as you celebrate your 21st is something I'm sure everyone wants in this world. Not forgetting all you people back home in Malaysia as well. I miss you guys and it's too bad I could not celebrate my birthday this time with you guys.

Till we meet again.

joewinlee

No comments:

Post a Comment